Extend Connectivity and Improve Network Availability
FortiExtender offers scalable, cost-effective, and resilient 5G, LTE, and Ethernet solutions. Driven by Fortinet’s unique approach of Security-driven networking FortiExtender allows organizations business continuity, improved network availability while securing connectivity with wired broadband and cellular networks. From secure point of sale (POS) systems to vehicle fleet communication, FortiExtender provides reliable broadband access to the internet and extends the value of the Fortinet Security Fabric to support fluid business operations dependent on remote device connectivity.
Security Fabric Integration
Integration with FortiGate appliances provides a single pane of glass management of the wired and wireless WAN connections and security which reduces Total Cost of Ownership for your WAN and improves manageability of remote connections in your network.
Designed for Optimal Signal Strength
Can be located indoors or outdoors to maximize 3G/4G LTE signal strength (up to 100m from the FortiGate appliance or network switch) without using lossy antenna cables or limited strength USB modems.
Simplified Management Options
Manage your FortiExtender from the FortiGate or from the cloud. FortiExtender Cloud offers hosted management of an unlimited number of FortiExtenders anywhere in the world.
- Improves use experience though optimal 5G and LTE wireless signal
- Provides secure network failover with out of band management (OBM), dual SIM, and dual Modem capabilities
- Integrates with Fortinet Secure SD-WAN for ease of deployment, management, and security
- Offers dynamic, flexible edge connectivity—switch links among ISPs based on data consumption, schedules, or ad hoc
- Enables network access for remote sites and branches located beyond fixed broadband
- Accelerates cloud connectivity with on-ramp to SaaS/IaaS
- Reduces WAN TCO through a single pane of glass management integration with the FortiGate Network Security Platform
- Cloud-based management available and ideal for large-scale, geographically dispersed locations
- Four LAN ports and basic routing enable remote connectivity and networking for remote locations and PoE powered